Sunday, May 20, 2018

The Best Part of These Guests and Mother's Day Too

The best part of having our recent guests was just getting real about life with them,having them speak into us, and it be completely refreshing. "Mr. Tony" or actually "Poppy Tony" (known to his grandkids this way), and "Honey Karen"  or Ms. Karen meshed with our fam for three days and we got their ear and they got ours.

They have the unique perspective of living alongside people like us for four months and yet having loads of life experience (they have great stories!).  I taught with Ms. Karen in Btown the year before we came overseas. I picked her brain about curricula, they asked us many questions, good questions, and we shared our India travels too!

And they loved on our kids...


wearing Poppy Tony's shoes!




 Maybe he will carry me since mommy won't. 


Always ready for adventure, off to pick up a kid.

G spent time with Honey Karen getting ready for the day. And she got a little make-up herself. 


David tried to take them to see the trigger-point lady, but she always has a long line. But this was a chance to visit another village and meet some new people.
Though we've had a jam-packed semester full of ups and downs and no real rhythm it seems, we were so glad Tony and Karen came to see us. And I told them so. "You guys were like a breath of fresh air!" I was able to step back, relax, host, and share, and it be just what I needed, though I didn't know I needed it! So thankful for them.

And we celebrated Mother's Day. David got me three potted plants to plant in our new yard, two beautiful fragrant blooms, and a lime tree! The kids made us French Toast and we had the S fam over while Tony encouraged us in the word. It was a great day!

 



David left two days later for a ten day trip.
Update on 'while Daddy's been away' coming soon.
Love this man and miss him terribly.