Once again we got into our Advent Festivities, trying to be more intentional with 'Beholding the Lord, Enjoying good gifts, and Serving in His name'.
One of our 'enjoy' days involved a picnic to the lake (where we certainly beheld HIS beauty in creation). BLT sandwiches and soda too, it was super-special time to relax, rest and be together as family.
Christmas Festivities always involve PUZZLES (a personal favorite)
I tried not to do all the kids' new puzzles for them.
On Christmas Morning we finished up our Advent study, completed our Advent read aloud and worshiped together as a family with song as well. Then they got to open their stockings...
filled with shin guards, soccer bags, candy, a soda, blankets, and more...these little gifts give big smiles. Even Frodo had a stocking this year!
Mid-December we participated in a "Nativity Play"
What an adorable shepherdess
They were short some folks so we stepped up as Joseph and Mary.
An Angel is hovering....
The whole crew!
Sporting their new sports gear we teamed up with the S family for our annual soccer and kickball game.
It was warm, but we had a blast.
Christmas evening our friends from the village came over and I served them up some truly American traditional holiday fare. They didn't love the Green Bean Casserole or the Sweet Potato Casserole, but got seconds (and thirds) of the ham and Challah Bread!
I told David that I didn't feel like I took many pics this season....and overall, with no blogging, I didn't capture as much..."but I lived it" I told him. And there's the balance and the rub, and what Father is continually teaching me...about presence. His Presence. My presence with kids, with relationships, being all there of wherever I am.
Hoping your Holidays were reminders of HIS Presence.