Our July and August in the States was another highlight of our last year.
I will not do a gazillion posts with details, in fact I will just post these few pics...(don't worry fam, I am starting my shutterfly book soon).
July 4th!
We loved being right next door to Poppy and CC.
Cousin love and beach fun. Our kids had a blast hanging with Ryan and Seth! The only one left in swim floaties is Gabrielle, who did learn to swim by the end of the summer.
Our beach week with the Coker/Craft Crew was another one for the books.
Tobin likes that in the States the boy to girl ratio for him with cousins evens up!
Sunshine+water+family=abundant blessings
Asa and Gabrielle were hilarious fast friends. I wish I could capture all the cuteness of their conversations.
Edisto Island, SC....This house on the water with the Williams, Granddaddy, Aunt Beth, and Uncle Herschel was an amazing week. It was so memorable that Sophia decided for her year's writing curriculum to use her Edisto vacation as the topic of her magazine.
The sunsets!
Kids getting older..... :(
This year we did a weekend trip to Black Mountain and surrounding Lynville Falls, etc with Granddaddy Johnson and Uncle Herschel.
Mount Mitchell peak!Lynville Falls. We LOVED this weekend away in quaint Black Mountain and experiencing God's creation so fully with family!
Another special event of our summer: Poppy and CC's 50th wedding anniversary!
They are an amazing example of sacrificial love and friendship in marriage, we loved celebrating with them on a date night out with Laura and Lee too!
(my mouth is watering over that steak we ate as I look at this pic)
On the Riverfront in Wilmington.
David and I continue to grow as a married couple (going on 16 years) through all of the adventures given us!
Traveling a lot, transition, lots of community, little community, health concerns, highlights, lowlights of life...This time in the States was one of the best for our marriage and family, and it has not always been so smooth! We were able to stay in the Word more consistently, have space while also jam-packed fun. Our time was short and we said 'no' to a lot. This helped make all the 'yes' adventures more enjoyable and focused.
Can't wait till next time!