Saturday, January 12, 2019

Oct Highlight: David's Birthday, Elective Week, Etc.

October brought more medical trips for me, David's birthday, and our much-needed home school elective week, where we break from Core and do fun stuff. 

David's birthday was low-key, but the girls did put on a show for him...
choreographed and emceed by Sophia...

Intro cheer by Gabrielle

And an original song written and played by Isabella (it was quite good!)

 For our elective week I had big plans for Science projects every day, art galore, and reading aloud for hours....
Instead, when I got out the canvases I have had for four years now, the kids went ecstatic with wanting to really get into a project. We turned the home school room into an art studio. We mixed paints on our extra canvas, we used pinterest to hone our project ideas and I assisted as needed.

The final projects:
Sophia and I just finished reading 'Little Women' and this quote was on the book: "They were more than sisters, they were FRIENDS".  'Little Women' was also a high light. We loved it so much (as a reread for me) I convinced David to listen to it. Sophia and I also had an evening together watching the movie and discussing her becoming a 'Little Woman'. It was very special.


I did help Tobin with the tape on this but he painted it almost all himself. 
I love how it turned out. 

And this one....she did fabulous...this was sparked by a pinterest picture as well, but she made it her own with the colors.


When their ballet class switched teachers it became a waste of time every Friday evening. So, I decided to teach them with assistance from a Udemy course (11 USD and worth every penny). We put some mirrors up in their room and use their ballet bar and have really started well with it. Around the holidays we took a break and hope to pick back up after their exams.


Another change...we got a cheapo homeschool computer and set up a desk in the home school room.
The kids do on-line history, and we do on-line ballet, and will probably do more on-line courses as the kids get older. This has been very helpful!!!