Friday, September 12, 2008

catch up

can you tell i am using this friday to catch up on things i have been meaning to blog... so many posts in one day. i just downloaded videos to the computer and am slowly uploading them to share. Here is one of Sophia pretending to eat a snack. She will do this quite dramatically and then share her 'food' with us. Here is one of her dancing, where she has recently started to spin and spin and spin, I guess she learned this from when I would pick her up and dance with her and spin her around. Incidentally blogging is not all I do (with my system it actually only takes a few minutes a post).
Here is what my recent daily schedule has come to look like:

  • 6:30-7:00ish: wake up (it is 6a.m if i get to bed on time), read and study the word
  • 7:30 get Sophia up, prep and eat breakfast
  • 8:00- Sophia has free play while I straighten, clean up bfast and look at email
  • 8:30-go to the supermarket (this is a 5 minute walk, sophia goes with me, we do not have a helper now so I cannot make it to the real market until the afternoon, so i see what i can buy from the supermarket, which sells some veggies)
  • read to sophia before her nap
  • 9:30-sophia naps, I finish my reading from the morning (or start it if I didn't get to it), plan/prep lunch (unless we are going out, which is often these days), or work on other computer stuff
  • 10:30, sophia gets up and has snack, we usually go outside to play until lunch
  • after lunch sophia has some free play then we read together before her nap
  • 1pm, sophia naps, I do the dishes and listen to language audio, then straighten, laundry, possibly blog or start it, and keep listening and studying. Most days at this time is when I do all my dinner prep if I am cooking. Today I actually went to the market to get better veggies and then prepped dinner.
  • 3:30 give sophia snack, and give her free play time
  • 4-5: go outside to play unless it is too hot or raining, sometimes i put her in the stroller and run some errands.
  • 5:30 dinner
  • after dinner is family time, usually outside with neighbors and their children.
  • 7:00 ish, David gives Sophia a bath
  • 7:30, milk for snack and off to bed for Sophia
  • 7:30, I just started running again (my previously hurt ankle feels great), so I am starting out at about 5K distance, feels great so far
  • 8:30 shower, wind down, read, computer stuff if necessary
  • 9:30, try to head for bed to read,
  • it is usually at least 10 before we hit the hay, and then i start reading my 'veg' book which right now is the The Bourne Ultimatum (i have already read it but not without reading the other two first, a completely different experience, the books are totally different and so much better than the movies)
After reading this just remember that we live in Asia, which means possible interruptions at any time for any good or bad cause are frequent. But with a child I am actually able to stick to a schedule a little better and not oblige every interruption. of course the 'interruption' may not be people either, it may be sickness, no electricity, earthquake, etc. Anyway, that is a peek into my daily life.