Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Anniversary week...

This Sunday is our 6th wedding Anniversary. It has been an incredible six years...going by so fast but also feeling like we have been married for forever.
Last year we were in the US and David took me to the Burke Manor Inn for a night while his parents watched Sophia. Our time in the States was quite stressful at times so this was a wonderful reprieve!


2008

The year before that, prego as I was and actually supposed to be on bed rest for the weekend because I felt what I thought were contractions (while in the middle of Chinese class), I made Krispy Kreme donuts from a Copy Cat recipe. This was a complete surprise to David. And what surprised me was that they actually tasted like Krispy Kreme!!!

2007

In 2006 we happened to be in the provincial capital so we went out to one of our favorite restaurants there and ate some 'mexican' food. It was delicious. I am sure we enjoyed some good coffee too...


2006

what will we be doing this year???

Friday night I am making the following menu:

Chicken Parmesan
Peas and Almonds
Glazed Carrots
Garlic Cheese bread

and then Saturday I will make another of David's favorite:
Cinnabons, from a copy cat cinnabon recipe. I have made these before but it has been a long time! He loves them! I am brainstorming a dessert for Friday night, but still thinking....

He surprised me by 'buying' me Kitchen Aid, it is not bought yet, because he actually decided to consult me on it. I always said I don't need one...then the other day as I was whipping cream that took over ten minutes, I thought it would be quite nice, especially with kids, to have hands free. And I do love to bake, I just try not to do it too much (to limit our calories). Anyway. David knows I do not want a $500 (that is USD) mixer! On all the Chinese websites to get one to match our voltage they are at least that much! No way! so...we are researching more and possibly going to wait until Thailand and see if we can find one on Craig's list or ebay or something from there...I will let you know. This was a huge surprise to me (spurred on by my sis just receiving one for her bday, thanks Jules). David is so thoughtful, I am so excited.