Sunday, March 22, 2009

banana bread help

I decided to make some banana bread for David to take to some friends this week, this is the first time I let Sophia really help me, here she is mashing bananas, she did quite a good job.



Yes, it was Sunday, and David was already with a local friend at the hospital when his old teacher (and one of David's best friends) called him on his cell and said he and his girlfriend wanted to come visit Sophia (he now teaches about an hour away so we don't see him too often). Because he wasn't at home David somewhat told him it wasn't a good time. That is when I discovered I was short a banana, right in the middle of mixing everything together. when David called to tell me about him telling his friend to wait, I said: 'send them on and please have him bring me some bananas, I will pay him back.' Lets just say I would never in a million years do this, it is not culturally appropriate to ask someone to bring fruit over, but that just shows you how close we are to this guy. He has hung out at our house a ton, slept on our couch during 'rest time' in the afternoon, watched movies with us, Sophia adores him, and he is always willing to help out....so he saved the day and brought the banana (way more than one), then he and his girlfriend played with Sophia while I finished up (another big cultural no no, not very hospitable), but they knew I was in the middle of stuff and didn't mind at all. I actually explained to his girlfriend how to make the bread. I was only occupied a few minutes and then I had a wonderful time being a real host. Sophia was in rare form, dancing all around, putting on quite a little show. And David did make it home not too long after that. We always have a great time when Uncle ai Muan comes over!

Uncle Ai Muan and Sophia with visors on, she made him put it on! He is such a good sport.