I have a skeleton menu plan that I work with, we have some staples that we do every week, like chinese dumplings, and usually 'over the bridge noodles,' so those stay put, though their timing is flexible. We eat the same thing for Breakfast everyday, oatmeal with yogurt, and on Saturdays do a fun breakfast. When cooking at home I try to follow my health food books (Eat to live, eat for health) and then on Friday it is family fun night so I can cook whatever, like pizza or mexican, etc. And unless hosting something I usually do about one dessert a week towards the end of the week for Friday and to enjoy on the weekend. I may post some recipes soon too. look out...
Last week's menu plan
- Monday: lunch: Left over Thai peanut chicken and fried rice, salad with lots of veg, Sophia: grilled cheese, peas and carrots. Dinner: order out, local chinese
- Tuesday: lunch: left overs from previous dinner; Dinner: roast chicken, stirfry zucchini and peppers, corn on the cob
- Wednesday: chicken waldorf salad (sandwiches); dinner: vegetable burritos, stuffed eggplant
- Thursday: Lunch: left overs; dinner: chinese dumplings (out)
- Friday: lunch: left overs; dinner: bbq pork sandwiches, oriental salad, baked beans, homemade ice cream sandwiches
- Saturday: Fun bfast: blueberry muffins (a mix); lunch: over the bridge noodles; dinner: left overs
- sunday: coffee cake for group, lunch: out with group; dinner: left overs
This week's menu plan:
- Monday: lunch: left over bbq, oriental salad; dinner: Creole chicken with spinach and rice
- Tuesday: lunch: Left overs; dinner: out, local chinese
- Wednesday: lunch: left over chinese; dinner: Enchilada Casserole, salsa
- Thursday: lunch: left overs; dinner: chinese dumplings (made key lime pie)
- Friday: Lunch: left overs; dinner: hearty macaroni dinner, key lime pie
- Saturday: David stays in village, we eat left overs or PBJ sandwiches with vegetables
- Sunday: we all go to village wedding, take Sophia spaghetti; dinner: out
Most of what I make is from scratch unless we have gotten a package with mixes or something. we used to have a small import store that closed down. But it sold some cream of mushroom and chicken soups (can be made from scratch as well), etc. so I used that in the Enchilada casserole, the casserole is definitely a 'Friday Fun night' meal, but moved to Weds. because my tortillas were on their way out and I could not waste them. So the 'Hearty Mac' which is healthy (no cheese or meat), is our Friday meal, but accented with key lime pie (made without keylimes, just lemon's, so I should really change the name).