Today (the 28th in the US) is my sis' birthday!!! There are not enough words to do justice to the way I feel about her! She is an amazing mother of four, an incredible sister, a best friend. I can share any and all things with her, know I will get wise counsel, rebuke if necessary, and great comfort and love. She is a selfless servant to others and seriously, she is the one of the best moms I have ever seen...Even though we live thousands of miles away, we talk as if there has been no ocean between us for these past four plus years. What a blessing and gift she is to me.
On her birthday Travis organized a group of people to compete in a version of 'the Amazing Race' set in downtown Raleigh. There were four teams (I think) possibly more, and it was all done on bicycles. Julie and her best friend, Heather, the oldest of the crew won the race!!! Great props go out to them! Congrats! And Kristin made her a cake of the city (with tall buildings and all), my jaw dropped when I heard about it. So sorry we missed out on everything.
we love you Julie! Happy 34th bday!