Sunday, April 12, 2009

5:22 a.m.

This was when David heard Sophia. I had stayed up late baking, he had stayed up even later reading. So this wake up call was, well, murphy's law right? This was possibly the first time ever that David heard her before I did. He was already in there when I heard her say 'fall off.' I thought she had fallen off her bed. David groggily brought her in our room in hopes of more sleep...she was too awake. He let me sleep some and then when I got up he went back to bed for a little bit. It wasn't until a little later that we discovered that the smoke alarm that we had put on her ceiling with command strips (we still highly recommend) had fallen down. we strategically placed it where if it did fall it would not fall on Sophia. In America the alarms of course are screwed into the ceiling, we dare not do that here...see this post for why. Did the command strip fail us? No. The command strip was stuck to the warning sticker on the bottom of the alarm. David thought for sure that thing would have to be peeled off to come off, in other words, incredibly difficult. Who knew what humidity and gravity could do? Now we know why Sophia was saying 'fall off' when was woken up by the alarm 'falling off'' the ceiling. OOPS! It will have sit back on the shelf top for now.