The other day I made Curry spiced lentils and spinach, a healthy recipe that we thought tasted only 'okay'. I just try various recipes and keep a of list of what to make again. I had planned already to give Sophia something else, but she wanted to try it and she ate it right up, it was a little spicy. She is no bore.
Last night I made chili rubbed chicken, it did not turn out great mainly because where I buy my chickens (bigger, tender ones), didn't have any. So our helper bought from somewhere else. This was the scrawniest thing I had ever seen. I am sure this chicken didn't have a long life and probably spent most of it on the road (walking I mean) (it was tough). David asked her if she accidentally bought a quail, and they had a good laugh.
Our helper's family, the mom really, wants to come eat western food, still haven't decided when and what to make, any suggestions? I usually try to make something they may like (like mexican because I make it spicy)...so far our helper hates our health food, but eats it like a good sport, always bringing the salt shaker to the table. I assured her that when her mom comes I will make something 'unhealthy' very American.