She first started sleeping with moo moo the cow blanket while we were in the U.S., possibly around 8 or 9 months old. CC suggested it, and since I was no longer paranoid about anything being in the crib with her, I thought a comfort item might be a good idea (seeing as how are lives are defined by travel). She hasn't parted with it since. And of course there was a time we didn't have moo moo, I forget when and where, but the nursery worker said they gave her something 'like it' and it worked fine. So then we introduced her to 'baa baa' the lamb blanket and we just called it moo moo. So, for the longest time she had two 'moo moos' and they have been so helpful, on airplanes, in hotels, in doctor's offices, in the nursery at nap time. And now that she is talking and learning, she understands that 'moo moo' is 'moo moo' and 'baa baa' is 'baa baa.'
Not sure when she will give these up, but we are in no hurry....
Hanging on tight
The original 'moo moo'
'moo moo' and 'baa baa'