Sunday, May 31, 2009

Zoo pics


The Giraffes, you could walk up on a platform so you could be at eye level.

He is taking a little look at Sophia too...

these baby goats were adorable...


...unlike these giant rodent looking things. don't even know their name. they kind of remind me of the rats that David and Tim Chilton killed in our old kitchen in China.

here is the perspective of how big these things are.


A very LARGE snake, the Anaconda, Sophia not much phased by it, of course the glass helped.

give a little shout out to the black bear...

and those hungry hippos (wow, they are large, and very dangerous did you know they kill more people than any other animal in Africa, I learned this off of the discovery channel I think, my facts could be wrong, they are still amazing)

Sophia thinks she loves all animals but close up to any of them, and, well, not so much. David was showing her how to feed the elephant. She squirmed and tried to wiggle away...

then said "I don't want it" meaning, "I don't want to feed this huge beastly thing or even be this close to it, please back up daddy."