Sunday, April 25, 2010

'SaturDAY IN THE LIFE' Late afternoon, evening

3:45 p.m.

Trying to rest my back, I took a nap. I never nap during the week, and occasionally on a Sunday I will, but the bed was calling my name today.

4:48 p.m.

Sunshine dried up all the rain, so David and Sophia went down stairs to play, our friends were outside too.

4:49 p.m.

Hearing the ruckus of fun, she wants to see what is going on. Our apartment used to not have these bars (most all here do), and the windows were put in upside down, they originally were not supposed to be able to open so low to the ground. SO dangerous. This was all done way before we
moved here. But we definitely asked for the bars to be installed.

5:43 p.m.

Pre dinner snack: soy nuts served as an appetizer at one of our favorite restaurants. We eat these often.


6:10 p.m.

It was too hot to sit in the sun near the street so we opt for behind the restaurant, right near a pile of rubble, and two hungry cats. David went on a run before dinner (I was sleeping and didn't catch him in the action remember?), and here he is helping Bella eat her dinner (green peas, tofu, and brown rice cereal).

6:36 p.m.

yes, we went out to eat TWO times on Saturday. Sometimes that happens. We went out with our neighbors and their two children. Here Caleb is cuddling up to Sophia. Love this pic!

We went home, David stayed outside with Sophia a little while longer. I let Bella crawl around some before putting her in her walker while I took a bath. I had to soak my back.

Then we did our evening routine: Bible time, song time, prayer time, small snack, brush teeth, wash up, get in bed, 'book of questions' time.

David has done an incredible job with the catechism, or '1st book of questions' Sophia knows quite a bit of them. I forget which number they are on. We know she does not understand all that she is saying, but it will come in time. I should record these because the way she says them are so precious:
'what is a spirit?'
'an inbisible being that does not have a body like us'
'does God have a beginning?
'no, he has always eggsisted forever....that one is hard to say' (she is referring to the word 'existed', and she adds in the 'forever' to a lot of the answers).

Then we pray again. Cuddle lots. Give lots of hugs and kisses. Good night girls!

Next, I decide to ice my back. Normally on Saturdays I would do a good bit of language listening. But not this night. Brain could not handle it. Maybe tomorrow, maybe not (I am always playing catch up). David gets me an ice pack and a movie from our first floor friends and I lay on ice for an hour and a half. David does some work on the computer. And our Saturday is done. Thanks for joining us.