Friday, April 9, 2010

Thurs and Fri

04.08.10

The day started out well, but went downhill fast.
Sophia had the worst fit/tantrum I have ever seen. I will not blog the details, it would exhaust me all over again, and I am still scarred from it....
finally she took her nap and I went on a run...where I had a good talk and rebuke from our all knowing Father. Enough said.

How the day started:



love these shoes (hand me downs of course)


what I wanted to do at the end of the day.

(I promise there is supervision going on in our home, I went to help Sophia with something, heard Bella start whining, and found this)

04.09.10
FRIDAY, just three full days left and then travel day....
Today went pretty well. I was able to do a lot of prep for our trip and Sophia had Chinese language time. I have some great books that have fairy tales with English, Chinese, and Chinese pinyin. Sophia loves to listen Abby read these, and then I gave them a sticker book with tons of chinese vocab, they did this for over an hour on the couch. I couldn't believe it. Next week, seriously, her Chinese will be better than mine.

Anyway. We walked to Dicos for dinner where I ate meat, like a big honkin' chicken sandwich, not little pieces of fat that are in dumplings. It was not great. And while we did have fun, the AC was broken which was a main reason we were going in the first place. I promised Sophia Dicos while daddy was gone, and I made good. She also ate her first ice cream cone by herself. She wore a lot of it, and didn't finish it, but it was a great try.

I have missed some incredible photo ops too...oh well. I am tired. I need to study. Don't even know if this makes any sense. Thanks for all the encouragement from friends and family!