It is the time of year to plant rice, and it is HOT. Our helper asked off for a day to help her family plant and we of course said yes. On that day I took Sophia to school and kind of forgot how I would go pick her up with two other kids. David was in a business meeting, sometimes if he is home and our helper is not there I can give Bella an activity and he can work on while still 'supervising.' But this day I was on my own...
I put Tobin in the sling in a new position, so I still needed to guard his neck, this was just to get downstairs. I also needed to hold Bella's hand, she is not the most cooperative on the stairs and cannot do them by herself completely. The stairs were the hardest part of this whole journey.
I put Tobin in the stroller, Bella rode the buggy board and we walked the over half a mile (need to clock this) to the school (uphill, both ways :)). It was fine. And Sophia loved having her siblings come to pick her up. I did not take Tobin all the way in, to avoid the hoard of children that would want to touch, but the teachers got to take a peek.
We then walked home, and Sophia did not complain (wow), and it was HOT. We made it.
Later in the week I took the kids the same way to meet Daddy for lunch just up the street. By the time we were done it was about Tobin's feeding time, so I wanted to get home fast. I asked David if he would be willing to take Sophia on his moto (where she has to sit up on the moto in front, unlike my moto where she can stand), he agreed and they rode home slowly to the joy of Sophia! Only in China can you get away with this (actually, only NOT in America, in most Asian countries this is A-Okay)