Saturday, May 14, 2011

Sophia's first pseudo real hair cut

I say 'pseudo' real because I was the one doing the cutting. I can honestly say I have never cut anyone's hair before (except David's with clippers and only in the back, easy peasy). I can also honestly say that I did not do a very good job. I can tell it is not even, I may fix it tomorrow. But her hair is curly and it is not too noticeable.

She did a GREAT job (unlike me, the hair cutter). I had talked this up a little in Thailand too, and she was ready. Of course, when I snipped she moved her head (excuse #1 as to why it is not straight), but she did really well, and was happy. (And she wants to tell her cousin Anna that it did not hurt at all!)

The Coker beauty parlor (which may be only used this once), has real stools that move up and down, and kinda the same smocks you wear as most beauty parlors. I even wore an apron!


First I had to comb through some tangles, and the girl smiles..wow.



I am concentrating (apparently didn't help much). Sophia looks like she is sitting still.




this was at the most 3 inches (in some places, smile). But the girl has a lot of hair.

Maybe I was brave for doing this, looking back, it just might have been a little stupid, I don't want to keep fixing it and cut off all her beautiful hair. I really thought it would be easier than it was, kudos to all you hairdressers out there!

And meanwhile, Bella was throwing quite a little fit. Really she is crying because she has a bad blister on her heel (because her half-aware mommy let her wear too-small-for-her shoes outside to play). She can fall flat on her face and be a little bloody, get up shake it off and say 'hurt head' with no tears, but this blister thing, the cries and complaints about it are wearing us out. When she walks barefoot she walks on her tippy toes because she thinks it makes it feel better.