When our friends (the new Caleb T and family) found out that we love sushi, E said she would teach me how to make it. David and I have steered clear of raw fish this far inland. But she is one even more careful than us when we go out to eat, so I knew I could trust her when she told me she found a place that sells the right prepackaged stuff (of course this doesn't mean it is clean, but we eat local food so much, never knowing where it comes from, and this was a chance of a lifetime).
We used the bamboo mat to roll it up on. We did a few with seaweed first as the outer layer, but she gave the good advice of doing rice first and filling it with more veg. Stores like to use the rice as filler and less meat and veg.
Sophia and Caleb also got in on the action and did a really good job. We were too busy eating to get after pics, but it was delicious. David was very pleasantly surprised at how good it was.