We had a friend come stay with us for a few days, I note it here because Tobin really took to 'Uncle Justin'. He happens to be an avid and competitive runner, training for an ultra-marathon. He would go running daily and Tobin soon started to dub his own sleeveless shirts 'running shirts like Uncle Justin's'. Tobin loves to wear sleeveless shirts and to him they all used to be called 'basketball' shirts. This changed, for a few weeks anyway, after Justin was with us...
Justin did make us some delicious ice cream.
And while he worked on his taxes, Tobin shadowed him. A lot.
I had already started my post-partum running, but when I would gear up, the kids did start to say...'are you going on a run like uncle Justin?' The answer was an emphatic, 'No, not like him at all, or like him a little only about five minutes slower. per mile.'
He also inspired the kids to want to run, and I let them go with me one day, the first lap, which is about 1.2km. They did pretty well. We certainly need to work on some P.E.
Justin did find some good 10k routes for me, but all up hill...right now... not gonna do it....I will stick to circling the 'hood.