This pic epitomizes Tobin. Shirt off ('like daddy sometimes'), dirty nose, dirty mouth, tussled hair, charming blue eyes. He is sweetness. He is vying for independence (still). He has to be reminded (daily) that he is supposed to be a protector of his sisters and not hurt them. Though he can be sweet and tender and loves being sweet to Gabrielle. He has been talking crazy clear for so long and is amazing us with his memorization, purely from listening to us with the girls.
Show us those muscles Tobin!
Anecdotes for fun...
- I said: 'oh my Tobin, look at your eye!' (it was scratched), he though for a moment and said: "mama, I can't look at my eye!" I then said: 'you are right, you can't you would have to take your eyeball out and turn it around, you can't do that' (and I pretended that I was, then he tried it too)
- He often says 'when I am older I will' or 'when I am three I will....' here are some things he has said: drive a car, wipe my own bottom, do kettlebells, smoke. Yes, smoke. He has pretended to smoke before with a lollipop stick or something. We have told him how unwise it is to smoke, but when 99.9% of the men he sees smoke, it is hard to battle the impression.
- He is really into fighter jets. He called them 'fire jets' until we corrected him enough times, and told him why they were called 'fighter' jets.
- he likes doing CC review with us and has certain songs he loves. He can tell you the states of matter or Northern European countries if you asked him
- when he started repeating really long verses that the girls were memorizing, David decided to get him his own list of verses going. The other day while pretending to ride a motorcycle he said, mama; "romans 12:10 Be deboted to on anober in love, honor one anober above yourself!" and he has longer ones in his belt. Osmosis friends!
- he said: 'I can't wait to get my cousins'. (he is partially quoting Sophia) 'Who are your cousins, Tobin?' He smiled and said: 'I don't know' He doesn't know what the word 'cousins' means, I listed all eight of them out for him.
- he loves for us to read to him and can look at books by himself for a long time too, especially if they are filled with airplanes.