Water Splashing is a little hard to explain to get the full affect (much like Chinese New Year). Yes, it is a huge water fight, a crazy water fight. A town full of people, in cars, in trucks with buckets and buckets, water guns, and the most painful--water balloons. With our back yard inside our neighborhood I can enjoy from afar. The kids, however, want to get in the mix. It can get dangerous out on the streets, though. Imagine driving a motorcycle (with no helmet) and having pounds of water thrown at you, I would certainly crash if it were me.
On Friday I took the afternoon with the kids and we splashed and played in our yard. The next day the girls had ballet and then in the afternoon David took Sophia and Bella out to the streets to splash and they had a blast. Bella was so brave going out in the craziness.
When Tobin got up from his nap, he and I would play in the yard and have our own water fight. I made a gazillion balloons and he broke them. 'I make, you brake' was my mantra. And then the tradition, come inside, dry off, and drink hot chocolate!! Three days in a row of hot chocolate. They always come in freezing so this is perfect.
On Friday I took the afternoon with the kids and we splashed and played in our yard. The next day the girls had ballet and then in the afternoon David took Sophia and Bella out to the streets to splash and they had a blast. Bella was so brave going out in the craziness.
When Tobin got up from his nap, he and I would play in the yard and have our own water fight. I made a gazillion balloons and he broke them. 'I make, you brake' was my mantra. And then the tradition, come inside, dry off, and drink hot chocolate!! Three days in a row of hot chocolate. They always come in freezing so this is perfect.
These people came and knocked down a wall/fence that was going to extend our back yard. There is some real back yard drama going on in our neighborhood, that is for another post!
When Baby G got up from her nap she would sit in her baby seat and watch from the back door. She was very good!
The little baby pool helped us have fun as well.
On day three, this truck came through to 'steal' water from the house behind us (it is being worked on now). they filled up their huge barrel, and got in water fights with each other, and of course squirted at us as well. Tobin thought he could hit them with his gun...it was kinda cute.
When the girls came back, Tobin actually went back out with Sophia and daddy all the way to the street. Brave Boy, seriously!!!
These pics below were from day 4. There really is no day four here (in Thailand maybe). But all the kids had off from school and our friend YY was back from her trip (they went north where there is no 'water-splashing', good for them!)
Still a splashing good time!
They got cold and hugged and said 'mommy look! Take a picture'
I did not get one picture of David, and he is the true hero of water-splashing going out in the madness so I can stay in!