Remember our efforts at gardening? Keep in mind we planted, waited, watered, had some good things pop up, and then had a baby. I forgot to take pictures of all the weeds that COVERED these beds and our entire yard. We gutted the garden before leaving for the States (they came back with vigor while we were gone). We ate a few beans out of it and that was it. It was deemed a fail. It just completely lacked the TLC needed, and no wonder, we were a little busy. We aren't quitting, we just aren't starting again yet.
Our poor neighbor, Grandpa. He lives and breathes his garden, his yard (and his cigarettes). I see the dismay in his shrug as he glances over the fence at our mess. He tends his garden with scissors and love and lots and lots of time, something I just don't have. But oh, I do admire him...
Our empty garden of weeds, and a wayward truck.
Grandpa's papaya tree, just one example of how everything he touches turns to gold in the garden.