Thursday, October 30, 2014

The Little Things

Now that is a cliche title but today I was thankful for:

  • The sun that shined for an hour, promising a hot shower.
  • The sick 5.5 year old who said she prayed to get well twice and "I feel so much better". 
  • The 7 year old with hurt feelings who was comforted by a bike ride with mommy and making chocolate chip pie (almost all by herself), just being together. (the pie was delicious, a great way to use the last of our chocolate chips).
  • The 3.5 year old who thinks his mommy has a great singing voice (ha) and asks for a song every.night.
  • Baby (okay, 13 month old), who finally slept through (though we were up with another sick one most of the night---still progress, let's see if she goes 2 for 2)
  • A stellar washing machine that cleaned out so much gunk from the sick one's night.
  • A house helper who could help in the morning while I got a little sleep and David worked (set up shop in the Home school room)
  • so many more 'little things' to thank our God for...


We move the shoe baskets near the back screen door to keep G from tumbling out of the door. She discovered (was taught by Sophia and Bella), how to climb under the bench and play. She loves it.
Perspective.

Bella was quarantined all day. She watched videos, ate what she could, took a nap and sat in the window playing. I thought the bars on the windows quite appropriate.
 Poor girl, she cracks a smile when Tobin talks to her. He said sweet things like, "I am sorry you are sick, Bella"