Saturday, October 18, 2014

Tobin Talk

At 3 1/2 Tobin comes up with some pretty funny things. He is now trying to maneuver through figuring time lapses and Chinese/English Language, as well as other things....

Some examples:

"Is today tomorrow, mommy?"  (he has all kinds of questions like this)

"When I was five, I will ride my bike like Bella"

"Caleb is SunZhiJie(Caleb's Chinese name)"
"Caleb and Mommy and Daddy, and Sophia, and Bella and me are all Wai Guo Ren (foreigners)" He is learning this category though he doesn't really know what a waiguoren is, he just gets called it a lot and he is starting to figure out the grouping. Which reminds me of when Sophia asked at his exact age: "how do they know I am a wai guo ren?" (at that point she didn't quite know she looked so different from everyone)

And Tobin sometimes mixes the languages: "I 'bu ting Ayide hua' last time'" Which means: I did not listen to Ayi (Aunt) last time. He was referring to our date night when he did not obey our helper. "But I apologized two times". Yes, he did.