At camp each team has a different color. And team spirit gets lots of points. So we did a little pre-camp shopping for each or our team's colors. We found some cute green shirts for Sophia...
My Dr. Pepper yellow tattered shirt was interesting and I wore it proud. (And on day 1 the canteen actually had Dr. Pepper, the one time a year I get it).
I opted out of this blue shirt for Isabella. I found lots of inappropriate English and laughed through many shops.
In other events, Tobin's class had a bring-your-own food party. He loves this because people always bring sushi, his favorite food. Here he is helping himself to a local dessert drink, pao lu da. He took American pancakes, which his class loved.
While I was gone, camp 'little buddy' (for those who aren't old enough) commenced with bike rides to the noodle shop, sand play, and other fun weekend events.
During the week it was Tobin's job to read to Gabrielle, and she read to him too.
David found them like this, in a fort reading, when he came back from a run.
And though I left a menu and a plan, I told David to feel free to go off the reservation and ask our helper to make him local food he loves. Here is one dish. And what do you know, Tobin loved it too: sour and spicy vegetables.
Camp Buddy fun coming up....