10.14.09
Wednesday. We had nothing planned for this day, except to try to make it to Outback to celebrate David's birthday early. To be honest, I completely forgot what we did this day up until our excursion out.
We made it to the very ritzy mall, and had to walk through it to get to Outback. (the mall is so nice it has a Ferrari dealership inside). We had a wonderful time at Outback, Isabella, right on cue, went to sleep laying down in the booth with me beside her. Sophia played on a big plastic 'house' they have for kids, she had a blast. David and I were able to actually talk. We did a little shopping at the department store nearby and though they had every dessert imaginable, we just couldn't stomach it after the bloomin' onion and burger we had just eaten!
10.15.09
David went to a conference in the morning while the kiddos and I hung out at the guest house. Sophia had already made friends with other kids there (lots of 2 year olds staying), so she was content with all the toys and kiddos around. When David returned we hopped in a taxi to go get the results of our physicals.
Interesting. David two years ago had a cyst on his liver, no big deal. Well, it is still there, no big deal still, but they found another nodule, not a cyst, completely different density. So they had to check it out (his blood) for Hepatitis and for cancer markers. This had us a little on edge, but all the tests were negative, so they will check it for growth again in six months.
I, on the other hand, had a positive ppd test, which tests exposure to TB. I do not have TB, my chest x-ray confirms that. But I have been exposed. So now I am on medicine for 6-9 months. Craziness. They will check my liver in two months to make sure I am tolerating the medicine well. yes, craziness. This is 'a taste of life in Asia.'
Conclusion:
Both Thursday and Friday we we are able to hang out with friends that are visiting and do some more shopping. We go Friday one more time to the Greek place and get our fill...yummy. And, since it is rainy season in Bangkok we spend an hour in the taxi in the rain, because when it rains it completely floods the streets, or many of them, very quickly. An interesting phenomenon that should make the urban planning committee (smile) rethink/redo their drainage system.
Saturday is a day to pack and prep for home. We are so ready. We had no real drama at the airport like last time, except that on the way we realized we forgot our stroller and buggy board at the guest house. At least we know the people who run it and they will keep it for us until we return. We survived the airport without it, got my standard Dairy queen for breakfast, and off we went back to China.