I opted for a very small camera to capture things, but without the necessary charger and batteries, it lasted for all of three pictures...so this will be word commentary only, sorry.
10.11.2009
This young man, YouXin, is our new friend, Sophia's new favorite 'shu shu' or uncle. We met him in our town at the airport, David was speaking with his family in their minority language and they became instant friends. Turns out, their son, this man, studied in Vermont for a year, and now lives in Bangkok for business. He speaks English, Thai, Mandarin, and his local minority language--awesome. He was VERY sweet to Sophia and we had a great time chatting with him...very rare to find someone in our town that has traveled so extensively. We exchanged cards with him and hope to keep in contact.
first leg of the journey...Bella wooskie is sleeping soundly in the sling and we are off on our SE Asian adventure...
I had packed PBJ for lunch and then we got a snack at KFC in the provincial capital airport. We then got another meal on Thai air, usually it is good, but always involves shrimp (to which I am highly allergic/intolerant to), so I eat snippets and arrive in BKK hungry for dinner. No delays this time, wow, literally right on schedule! We dropped our bags off and headed out to the closest mall for Greek wraps, Lime soda (Schwepps Manao, our favorite splurge while here) and some groceries.