Friday, October 9, 2009

'one day use these...'

Chopsticks, that is. Every time we eat Chinese (a lot) Sophia would ask to use chopsticks, we would always reply: 'one day when you are older you can use chopsticks.' So, lately when we set the table with chopsticks or go out, she just points and says: 'one day I use these.'

And I finally found the 'beginner' chopsticks Poppy and CC brought us from the US, they are quite helpful for anyone trying to learn to eat with two sticks....and yesterday at lunch was her first time trying. She did quite well. It was messy but fine. It was partly my fault as I still chop up her food with scissors a lot of the time (I am quite paranoid about choking, I know I need to get over it), I had already chopped it before I decided to let her try the chopsticks, so the food was a little small, making it difficult, but she still did well. I would also encourage her to use her spoon some and she would, realizing it got her more food for the bite....we will try again today.