Saturday, January 16, 2010
Fool Moon
The Sun was eclipsed by the moon yesterday, and it was quite amazing. To see an incredible picture of it go here and it is the fourth picture that you scroll to. Sophia and I were playing outside around 4:30 p.m., it started getting dark, I said to Sophia: 'I guess it might rain,' though it hasn't done that in over a month. We made our way upstairs when David called to tell me about the eclipse. We caught glimpses of it, as it was also cloudy. I have never witnessed one before, so I really didn't know just how incredible it was, coolest thing ever. But it also reminded me of one of my favorite books of Sophia's 'Fool Moon Rising', about how the moon steals glory from the Sun, and in the end realizes his light comes from the sun not himself...how often do I try to eclipse the Son completely and make much of myself? A lot. Hoping this year I will make much more of the Son.