David had to go on a short trip. All day Sophia kept saying, 'I miss daddy so much,' and 'where's daddy?'
Usually we can see the airplanes as they approach our city, so I let Sophia sit by the window to watch out for his. A few times during the day she said: 'I am going to wave to his airplane and then he can see my hand.'
This was so incredibly precious that I had to document it. She sat in this spot for almost an hour, and since his plane was late, we rushed to put her PJs on, then we did our devotions right there. We read our story, sang our song, prayed our prayers, and I even let her have her snack over near the window. Don't you know, we never saw his airplane, maybe they changed the approach or something. He called, and I told her she would have to wait and look out for his taxi. These are David's favorite videos...
'waiting for daddy's airplane'
'he went to Kunming'
'waiting for daddy's taxi'
"daddy!!!.....daddy!!!! Can you see me?....I am upstairs....I am finished now (with her yogurt)....I missed you so much when you are gone.... I love you"
Daddy's arrival: "I missed you when you are gone. I am sad when you are not here."
And no, I did not prompt her to say any of this. Just her sweet heart.