These days have been a little rough. Illness still is rocking our family, and that just goes with the territory. I have been so thankful for the following reasons (among many others): David has not gotten sick yet and was able to take care of us, I got sick on a Fri night so it did not mess up David's work week, the girls have been troopers when they have been sick, I did not need to go get IV fluids (Gatorade!), the baby has been steady moving and not caused me to worry, Father has been near, even in the midst of my fears through this, and God gave us the energy and means to help our best friends in their deepest time of need.
Also, David has been superman, and I know it is our Father's sustaining him.
It also just so happened that last week's memory verse was this, and it was to these truths that I clung and still cling, for I know the onslaught is not over:
Ps 62:5-8:
Yes, my soul, find rest in God;
my hope comes from him.
6 Truly he is my rock and my salvation;
he is my fortress, I will not be shaken.
7 My salvation and my honor depend on God;
he is my mighty rock, my refuge.
8 Trust in him at all times, you people;
pour out your hearts to him,
for God is our refuge.