The girls then decided to make their own 'egg pancake' just like the ladies do at our favorite noodle place. I will post comparison pictures and video soon when they reopen. Sophia mimics them precisely. Our new helper knows how to make these. Not good. Oh so fattening, oh so yummy.
Note: Sophia even puts the scarf on her head for when they go in the oil. :)
David worked, and we had a 'normal' day, though I felt like I was on jet lag, and had to fight the temptation to be impatient and 'snappy'. God is gracious and kind, even in exhaustion our day was wonderful. We did preschool, started the letter 'P' which stands for all sorts of things like 'poppy and pilot and Popsicle', all things Sophia loves. she really already knows this letter since it is in her name.
Ah Ha! The culprit, our first floor neighbors aftermath of Fireworks.
All of these filled with gunpowder=LOUD.
I wonder if Harry Potter (this family's dog) was scared? I am sure their house was shaking.
Snow white eats a BBQ beef cup (recipe to follow)
first time making these, delicious. This is on the anti-vegan diet. Nothing healthy about it, but it was a great New Year's day meal.
We finished off our fireworks, put the girls to bed and nibbled on the Key Lime Pie that I had made and then froze for my birthday. It might last one more day, who knows.
We had already finished watching Emma (the BBC version), David enjoyed it right there with me and even mentioned we could possibly do a Jane Austen read aloud together (yes, I was shocked too), this because I convinced him that though these movies are well done, the books are better. Austen was a clever and hilarious writer.
I went to bed reading Sailhamer's intro, which is really blowing my socks off, I love it. But I am going to skip to the last three chapters of the book, as advised by David. This so I don't get bogged down, and so that I keep getting the 'wow, aha, awesome' results as he pulls the text together in amazing ways. I also read a chapter in 'war of words' which blew my socks off in a different way (read: utter utter conviction). Went to bed repentant, woke up and failed with words again. But grace prevails, and forbearance is a great quality in a man, David was given that in abundance as he bears with my weakness.