Sunday, February 27, 2011

Didi's room

This is what baby brother's room looks like right now:




Yes, I know. We leave in 26 days. It is all supposed to come together this week. We have ordered furniture, and I finally found some curtains (to block from David's office). Curtains were hard because I wanted coffee brown or something like it. Plain, simple. Nothing that you find around here. But I did. I also surprisingly found some bedding that will go with the whole classic blue/brown look. We have no theme, just need it 'manly'. We are still liking the blue.
Hopefully everything will arrive by the end of this week and I can put stuff away and put open suitcases on the bed....

Incidentally I had a long list of 'projects to do before baby arrives,' only one of which was this room. I made my list per room, plus a miscellaneous list, the whole thing totaled over thirty five things. Some of them were simply ' declutter/organize under bathroom sink' and 'menu plan thru March 25'. Since then I have added a few items and crossed a ton off. Here is the updated:

    1. Oven vent fixed
    1. Kitchen shelf??? taobao
    2. Stroller fixed?
    3. Caulk kitchen sink
    4. Bathroom tub fixed, new TP dispenser
    5. Exercise equipment stored better/organized
    6. Bella's album, do more pages, print pics
    1. Canvas wall hangings
    1. Newsletter by March 4
    1. Girls names on wall? Find O, paint and hang
    1. Rug for didi's room????
    1. Hang things on wall in didi's room??? Wait?
    1. Plant for our bedroom (wait)
    2. Menu plan for bkk

Most of these things are not musts at all, and some I actually do prefer to wait on. Bella's scrapbook for her first year is something I thought I would never finish. But I am remotivated and on the homestretch. After this book, I may be done with scrapping altogether. I love Shutterfly. I will get Didi a baby book, which is a little like scrapping but way less involved.
Hope to have some pics by the end of this week!