Friday, February 18, 2011

Oh yeah, language

My language classes have been hit or miss, but very helpful. My teacher has been very busy during his school break, he has one more week before he goes back to his school to teach. I have had five classes and we have moved on to picture books and story telling. It is harder, of course, but fun. There is a distinct difference in my abilities when I have class in the afternoon (with a little caffeine) versus having class at 7:30 p.m. when my brain and body begin to go into 'sleep mode' or at least: 'please let me rest' mode. I have been recording so I will be able to review these consistently along with all my old classes until I have another season where I can have class again...

Sophia is hilarious when talking about language, she always says: 'this is how you say this in ____ language (the language I am learning)' and she makes up some words that sound like they would be a word in some language, it is not just jibberish. I sometimes say, do you mean that is how you say it in Chinese? and she says 'no in ___'.

Today she told me she could teach me and that 'Uncle' (my teacher) did not need to come over for class, he could just come over to play with her (if you remember my teacher is David's old teacher, and a very close friend of our family).