Thursday, October 20, 2011

Kid speak

Sophia:

The world has a lot of bad in it. (after hearing a story of someone being beaten to death. She overheard our helper telling this to me in Chinese)


Mama, am I clean on the outside and dirty on the inside? (after reading about Jesus telling the pharisees that they were indeed clean on the outside and dirty on the inside)


While daddy was gone I smelled his pillow and it smelled like him and I missed him.


(when we told her that a lot of people don't believe in Jesus)

So they don't have Easter?



The mean girl was only mean to me two times today.


I am friends with the mean girl now. I asked her if we were friends and she said yes.


Bella's phrases of late:


Bella now loves to use the word 'because' : the first half of her sentences makes sense, then she adds 'because' and the second half makes no sense at all (to us).


We saw a big earthworm outside, mama..


I call this bear inch bear...because….like inch worm and inch bear (okay, this one made a little sense)


Let me tell you something


I need to tell you something


Know what momma?


Let me show you something


In just a minute momma.


Wait just a moment.


(is your eye better?) Better enough.


(when Tobin cries) I am here. I am here. OR Daddy's here. (this is to comfort him).


Hugs for Bella and Sophia (after listening to Poppy and CC say this at the end of a recorded book)


Thank you God for Poppy and CC (after listening to the whole book 'Thank you God for everything' read and recorded by Poppy and CC)