The girls were so excited about this tea party...
we waited for Tobin's nap (9-11), and we got started:
This real tea set I bought for about ten dollars, I have been wanting one for awhile, I think it is pretty, pretty, and it came with 6 tea cups.
the food was: chocolate filled crackers, gummies, m&ms, and oreo sticks, the 'tea' was local fruit juice and apple juice.
I let them each invite one 'friend' or baby doll. The loved this. I let Sophia pick out the two dresses they have on, and I even wore a dress!
all set up. Now dress up....
I had no big hats or dainty gloves. But we did get into my make up and put on a little blush and lip gloss. Then we donned beach hats and winter gloves (yes, go ahead, lol), necklaces, and bracelets.
I forgot that I had bought them each a little scarf, so they got those later in the day.
we poured our 'tea' and talked. Though I don't think any of the real important stuff sunk in, they still had a blast, and those are the kinds of memories we are trying to make here. But we have been studying James 3:17, wisdom that comes from heaven, and what that looks like. We talked about manners, etc. and how to talk at the table with adults, how to consider others, how to serve. This still needs lots of practice. What I kept trying to emphasize was that 'man looks at the outward appearance but God looks at the heart.' And 'the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit which is of great worth in God's sight'.
Later when asked what they learned, Sophia said: 'to wash your hands...' (yep, it didn't sink in).
Especially the heart part:
we had some heart issues, including my own.
we caught our breath and redeemed the time....which turned out to be so pleasant.
we made pretty fans
drank our 'tea'
we used 'melissa & doug' tea party stickers to make our own sticker tea party on paper.
Then we made necklaces and bracelets.
In the afternoon I remembered their scarves.
this is how you smile, Bella.