Our business project here hit the ground running this weekend! Preparation and planning, test plotting for the past two years, today the seeds went in the ground! Our friend J has researched for months, found land, managed/organized the workers to build a house on it and done so much more to launch the planting of our Chinese Medicine seeds.
David went up to help the past two days and will continue to do so until it is done. He leaves between 7:30-8:00 a.m. and gets home around 9 p.m.
But let's back up a bit, right before this we had visitors for 4 days, and the two older kids were quite involved in taking them around (pics to come of their adventures), but the days were long and the nights late. The day they left David actually did not see them off, he was already on the mountain clearing the land.
This is what he said to me: 'we have to go prepare the land', I said it all sounded very biblical, quite Sailhamerish, he laughed. Then he said "I will be driving a car with people who cannot speak Mandarin or minority language"...he told me they may have to go a longer route to avoid paper checks. Hmm....I laughed and told him he was going to be in jail on Christmas. But now it looks like he may still be on the mountain for Christmas...
And yes the kids feel it, Bella said: 'it is like he has gone on an airplane'. And Sophia was disappointed until I told her how important this was and what was invested, and she understood.
Meanwhile back home this weekend, the kids took part in a nativity play, hosted and put on by Kathleen, whose husband was with David, you go girl, she did an awesome job! The kids have also opened various gifts from Poppy and CC, SO thankful their package arrived in time, perfect for these long days.
Let's look at some pics...
We usually take turns but this time I said: 1, 2, 3, GO!
Tobin loves his lego airplane, though I put it together, he flies it around.
Sophia may have said this was the best gift ever...a cash drawer, just like at the grocery store. She yelled out loud: 'Thank you Poppy and CC' and then really wanted to call them and tell them....thankful for her thankful heart.
The Nativity play. Sophia was Mary, Bella was in the 'host of angels'
Oh my, I almost forgot the gorgeous Christmas dresses that the girls received. They love these too but I have yet to get stellar pics of them, here is a glimpse of them.
And Tobin had to wear his new 'shark shirt'
The play begins...
Mary listens to the angel...
Mary and Joseph go looking for a place to stay...no room anywhere.
Finally someone offers up their stable..
Where baby Jesus is born..(look it is Gabrielle's debut, the youngest of our ex-pat flock)
Both Sophia and Gabrielle did so well...
Tobin was a sheep at the last minute and actually did 'BAAA' hilarious.
shepherds bow down..
wise men give gifts...
precious scene...
the kids minus baby G and maybe a few others, not sure.
It was a blast! Thanks K for putting it all together!
I left Sophia and Bella to enjoy more fun while I took the littles home. I wasn't feeling great and it was time for Gabrielle to nap.
In the afternoon we opened another gift (another good one! pics to come), rested, and then friends came to play. We did our advent activities early and did one more small gift.
The girls pretty much played with their cash drawer all afternoon even with friends.