Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Confessions

Our entire family has not been completely well for a full week since our return from the States.

We returned on August 25th. Almost three months ago.
Colds, coughs, stomach bugs, ear infections, back aches, and rotate them around again. 

I may be posting about school stuff, fun outings, cool milestones, kid cuteness, that is simply because life keeps happening amid the sickness,and during brief reprieves, we enjoy.

It has been tough going.

All the various illnesses have affected different people in our family in different ways.
Gabrielle had an ear infection ( I pretty much self diagnosed with an otoscope I got from a nurse friend leaving Asia), the online pics are pretty accurate. G didn't eat solid food for almost 4 days, had a high fever for five, and finally started getting better with a higher dose of antibiotics.

The throw ups came through too...
David called that the slow-bake virus (about every 5th day someone would start).

Pour in the pro-biotics (I started Kombucha tea), and rest, rest, rest in His word... which is not always as easy as it sounds (Amen?)

It is now Tuesday. Everyone has been fully well since Sunday. Thankful.
And if the midnight calls come again, thankful I will remain. Crying out for help? Yes, in thankfulness, I will petition the Throne of Grace (Phil 4).

And one more confession:
Sometimes the cold bathroom floor just feels so good. Tobin just laid there (like we all had, in turn, before him).   When I wasn't taking care of another I would go put his head in my lap and sing to him. These are sweet, tender, difficult moments.