Wednesday, November 5, 2014

On Wars and Such...

[We have been reading about the Revolutionary war for our CC cycle 3 history.]

Tobin likes to 'play war' like any good little boy...he makes guns, he pretend explodes things. He kills the bad guy. He is a superhero. And I tell him not to use his superpowers at school. I bought him winter gloves and told him they had super powers, he thought I was so serious. It was precious. He is a sweet, tender boy that always kisses his sisters good night. But he loves to rough and tumble and have victory. War style. Remember he is playing war with girls, which is interesting. Bella has to think things through. 
A week ago I heard Bella say "we are fighting the American Revolution"

Today:
B:"We are fighting the...the...umm..."
Me: "The British?"
B: yes, the British, the bad guys...We are America!
T: "bang bang, mommy here is your bb gun (hands me gun he made with connecting blocks), who else can we fight?
B: Let's fight Japan. (this country is still steeped in very anti-J sentiment)
Me: nah....someone else
B: China?
Me: No, we live in China.
T: (background noise of guns and planning)
B: 'The Indians!' (I think she means Native American Indians)
Me: No, Indians weren't bad
B: they were mean
Me: No, not always....can't fight them.
B: what country can we fight?.... I know!! We can fight UNC (she means the tarheels)
Me: YES, go fight UNC (I double over in laughter)

Now we need to work on Peacemaking.