Sunday, November 2, 2014

Pumpkin Carving

We have never carved pumpkins as a family before. And honestly forgot it was so close to Halloween until we went on our date night. We walked into a restaurant that boasts western food and everyone was dressed in wicked, grotesque gore. I was so glad our kids were not there, they would have had nightmares.
Oh Yeah, Halloween!
We had a good meal and returned home to a good report from our helper about the kids. On Saturday David took the kids out to buy a kickstand for Tobin's bike (he now goes NO training wheels, deserving of a whole post soon), and to buy a big pumpkin (and smaller ones for me for fall decor). They also came back with flowers (romantic!). This was during my home school prep time, though baby G, now quite sick with fever and ear infection needed TLC as well.

When they returned, they they set to carve the pumpkin:
We had recently read 'The Pumpkin Patch Parable' again and Sophia got it out to help daddy know how to carve :).

My neighbor asked me about Halloween, I told her that I did not know how it originated and that we didn't celebrate it, but as a kid it is a favorite, simply for the candy! What our kids don't know right now won't hurt them.

 They love our little pumpkin, David did a great job. Bella sat down and asked me what I was doing mid-morning and I told her I was chopping an apple, but she was really talking to Mr. Pumpkin. She then said with her smirky smile: "Are you staring at me?" She laughed at herself and moved on.