Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Friends and Goodbyes

So many ex-pats we know have moved back to the U.S. over the past two years. So many reasons for their leaving, good reasons to go.  And still, when the time comes and they start selling their things, and we start reminiscing, my heart aches. 
The thought of such change, the thought of our fleeting moments...the cringe in my heart is sometimes palpable.
And yet we celebrate the friendships, we guide the going with prayer and we trust...
Trust HIM for grace in the next thing, whatever it may be. 
And quite frankly, these days, I need to learn that trust in the small, teeny transitions of daily life!

We hosted a good bye party.

 I hosted a Ladies Night 'good bye'.
And we did tell funny stories, encouraging stories, hope filled words.
These women. Love them. I laughed and cried and laughed until I cried. 
It was sweet and good. 

Goodbyes are always hard. A Gazillion times over now, they do not get easier. 
And while they remain a reality for the ex-pat, I am still learning to maneuver the emotions that come with them...