Thursday, January 15, 2015

Dear David...

It has been a surprisingly quiet afternoon. Probably the last one for a while.
Sophia just brought the crew in (Yang Yang, Yuan Yuan, and her cousin) to play in her room. I made them wait until G was up from her nap.

Tobin and Bella are at school this afternoon, the last day before the break. Gabrielle woke Tobin up in the night and he complained of a stomach ache for a while. Finally at 4 a.m. I put in him on the floor in our room. He slept until after 8, getting up while I was taking Bella and AB to school.

Yep, Bella will have gone to school all day! She loves the food and keeps talking about it.

The night was not bad, I was in bed by 9:15 reading. Then a really loud knock startled me. I couldn't quite see clearly who it was but it was a lady, so I opened the door. It was one of our neighbors and her daughter (college age or older) that I have seen around.
 Here is how the conversation went;
"We are your neighbors, and we want you to teach us English, okay?" (xing bu xing?)
"Not okay, we don't teach English" (bu xing, with a smile)....My four kids are all sleeping right now...."
"Sorry (buhaoyisi)"
"No problem"

I know I could have been a little more hospitable at that point, I should have invited them in for tea and crumpets (what are crumpets, anyway?), But I was exhausted, a little bothered by the loud persistent knocking and the presumption...but I am over it (and myself) and will go out of my way next time I see them. Promise.

The electrician did not have a drill and was not to willing to help me put our cabinet back on the wall. He said when you come back he will help you if you need it.

This morning after Tobin decided to go to task with me over some pants, he was truly sorry and said so. I was not angry. I disciplined him, hugged him, told him I love him, and then we did that over and over again.

We did not do tot school, instead we played together, it was needed.
Then we went to the store and he spent 6 kuai of his work money and bought a little toy.

Gabrielle took some steps on Tobin's carpet. She took five steps on it last night, three this morning. But now refuses.

It is cold. Sophia does some multiplication tables in the window, which is where I sit now, the warmest place in the house.
 Bella made a card for yang yang for her birthday and they went to her party at 1 p.m. before Bella came back and went to school.

It finally fell below sixty degrees in our house. Mid-forties out. In this cement shell of a building, it is C-OLD. I still refuse to put heaters on at night in the kids rooms, they don't ask for them, they just bundle under blankets. I busted out my fuzzy old winter slippers.
We will order JiYouFan for dinner (chicken rice) and press on.
We have done very little school this week but plan to pick it up next week and get to week 12 of CC, the Crusades in History and Finish up some cursive for Sophia!

Arina texted to see how I was doing. They may go play on their trampoline on Saturday.

I love you am thankful for you and need you to rest, relax, have fun, enjoy people, enjoy food, enjoy our God and don't worry about the home front! I hope to 'keep you posted' but we will see how it goes.