The day after Christmas we went with our friends to the horse farm to ride horses. This is actually their tradition not ours, but we may just adopt it as well, it was so much fun!
A very hazy/foggy morning to start.
After Caleb went, Sophia got on. She did get to trot some, which was fun, but I think she was a little scared.
Every other time we have gone I have been pregnant or...nursing a newborn....or...pregnant.
I was excited to get back on a horse.
Tobin's helmet did not quite fit...
I told this guy:
"I haven't ridden a horse in about 30 years."
"Oh, good, so you know how to ride."
That was not the answer I was looking for.
(It actually hasn't been that long, I just forgot the last time).
K had warned me, when this guy found out she could post, he kept her riding and trotting, which he did with me too once he saw me posting just fine. My thighs were SORE when I got off.
Even David and J got on and trotted around.
Afterwards we had a great meal at the restaurant and the kiddos explored....
I told them all to make funny faces as if I could see them at all.
We love getting out in the country....and so do these kids.
Thanks for inviting us S family!!!