Saturday, June 6, 2015

Dr. Bella at almost Six Years Old

Bella recently received another Doc kit from me, this one has everything that lights up and the stethoscope even makes a heartbeat noise. She loves it. She set up a little clinic underneath Sophia's new loft. She was taking a little bucket in there, 'this is for a potty' she said. I told her that was good because hospitals always have bedpans, gross but necessary.  Then I went into her clinic and laid down. I told her I didn't feel well. She literally tried to hook up the catheter (had a string going to the bucket) "this is because I remember seeing this when you were in the hospital". (I reminded her that most people do not have babies the way I had babies).

She listened to my heart beat and then started to put on latex gloves (I added these to her kit). 
Me: "are you going to do surgery?"
Her: "what is surgery again?"
Me: "it is where you cut someone open to go inside their body to fix what is wrong"
Her: "oohhh yeahhh....(excited)" and she started looking in her 'kitchen' drawer for a knife. 
I was surprised at her eagerness, then she shook the medicine bottle at my mouth and said:
"Don't worry you will be asleep in a minute."

David's foot makes a good addition to the photo, and in the background you see Soph's new loft, the white ladder is there because we were fixing something else in their room.


But Bella also enjoys letting people dress her up: 
 Design by Sophia:

Bella is a laid back girl that goes with the flow. She has come out of her shell at school and has many friends. Her birthday party next week may have 30 people there, who knows. 

She and I are currently practicing weekly for her Kindergarten graduation parent/child dance performance. This is CRAZEE. But I am determined to participate in as much as possible. The first two practices have been fun and I actually love meeting these moms who tell me my house is like my own little kindergarten.

Bella loves dancing, really wants to learn piano, excels in our Language Arts Program and Math. I am trying to keep up with her. A lot of this has to do with Sophia and Bella loving to play school and Sophia teaching her a lot. I don't remember teaching her how to write her letters...

She is a strong left hander and sometimes writes things in mirror image, which amazes me.

We have really enjoyed seeing her come into her own and add such needed comic relief to our family, she is a jokester and has a kindred spirit in Tobin. Since they are at home in the mornings together, their bond is close, and they are almost the same size.

We have not decided if she will do the in between year at school or go straight to Chinese first grade. Though she is our more timid child, reluctant to do things on her own at first, once she builds confidence she soars...

I am thankful for her giggly spirit and how she immediately goes to God in prayer for help. I can learn from her.