Saturday, June 6, 2015

Sofa Lofa Almost 8


Sophia Grace. What a young Lady. 
This is her new school uniform. 
She is turning 8, going into third grade this fall and growing up way too fast. 
Sometimes when we are talking to her it feels like she is 16 (and this is usually not a good discussion), and her ability to analyze over things reminds us of ourselves. 

She hasn't had the smoothest school semester but still loves it. I consider her super brave in this endeavor and tell her so. I LOVE our rides to school in the morning. We chit chat and I always pray a blessing over her. 

We feel that God is really working on her heart in a good and painful way these days. 

Sophia loves to play school, loves to read, loves to listen to a good story, loves to draw, loves horses, princesses, planning and organizing. Some of the things she has rigged up really shows me her engineering spirit. 

She loves to be with people and stand up for justice. She also really wants to learn piano, and continues to want to own an ice cream shop with her best friend when they grow up.

Sophia is a very aware little girl and asks amazingly good questions about the world she observes and struggles in her own heart. 

We love having her as our oldest and tell her that all our mistakes are on her first, and she quickly laughs and forgives us. 

As our kids get into this age of late elementary school, I will probably back off blogging so much of how they are doing and simply document more of what they are doing, I will leave the other to my personal journal unless I think it will truly benefit others while not compromising the child's privacy too much...I haven't figured it all out yet. Just my musings as I contemplate that Sophia is growing into a little young lady!