Monday, June 29, 2015

Filled

When meetings come around every year, usually we are somewhat excited, (kids thrilled). It can be stressful maneuvering everyone through what it takes just to get there. Early on in our overseas life and structure, quite frankly we never knew what we were going to get in terms of feeding on the word and P&W. Not a complaint, just a statement. 

The past 6 or so years we have LOVED coming together with some of our now closest friends and learning and loving and pushing on towards perseverance with Joy.
  
But still, in my pride, I have previously thought, 'I don't need this meeting, etc.' And thankfully, God's closeness has been real and ever-present the past few weeks apart from this time...
But....this week. It has been so rich, so real, so needed. 

I know Jesus fills all, but He used the body to fill me this week in so many big and small ways. And all we can say is Thank you Father!

We are now on a retreat and have two sick littles...I am about to start typing up all my notes from last week and cannot wait to re-hear and re-learn and re-mind all that the Father taught me so I can apply it!

The other thing we did that was so helpful, is that we left 3 days early to do dental and medical. The afternoons were spent, just our family, lounging by the pool, finding sticky rice at the night market and reading aloud, all in one big bed. We realized then that we had never done a family vacation with just our family. It was much-needed down time! No agenda, just relax and be with one another.

Quick pics from last week.