Sunday, June 14, 2015

Just a day...

There is no real 'normal' day, though we have a flow...
but lately, about 1x/week the schedule flip flops in some way. Either the three older all attend school in the morning, so I homeschool them together in the afternoon, or it is Sophia's day to help clean at school so she has to go morning and afternoon so I do core with her in the middle of the day...
Flex is needed, but as long as we are consistent in most things I try not to fret...

some snapshots...
Three littles at home one morning playing so well together:

Dressed up once more, an Indian Princess maybe?

I had all three working/doing school and each were diligent (for a few minutes anyway), it was actually quiet. I interrupted David at work (home office), something I try NOT to do...and told him to come take a look at our magnificent homeschool going on. Please read the sarcasm here, This was a rare moment.

Tobin is tracing some numbers from a book Bella has already done. How bad is that? "just trace over her pencil marks!" and he did.

Bella you only need to do one lesson....and then she went to the end of her Singapore math book (about 2 lessons and two Reviews, or ten pages later). We are actually in the middle of Right Start Level B which I love, but I have supplemented with some singapore and will transition to that and Miquon when we finish Right Start.
The Coke Zero was mine, not hers. David has quit coffee and Coke, WOW. Not me.

Sophia, doing Level 3 of Phonics Road, which is quite a bit more work, and entirely in cursive! These next 8 weeks for grammer is looking up all her spelling words for their parts of speech. Oh my. We don't do it all actually, (42 words a day) and we talk through a lot of them without looking them up. She is a good student, though!
 While all that is going on...Gabby Shabby is eating some snacks
And that's a day folks.