Sunday, September 20, 2015

Popcorn Fanta Bowls

A few weekends ago the kiddos got coupons for the movies. They were so excited and so was I, the new minion movie it was, and off we went. Except I did not read the coupon clearly, really at all. It was my fault, though it was quite false advertising. The discount (and it was major) was for a movie we absolutely did not want to see, the Minion movie was just an advertisement.

When they told me the price of the tickets for the Minion movie I had to sadly tell the kids we could not afford it. It was almost $9.00 a ticket. The kids actually had great attitudes (they are used to the whole: 'it is not in our budget' discussion).

I did promise to go home and make it a family movie afternoon. They were extra disappointed at the theater when they saw these really cool bottles of Fanta with bowls full of popcorn attached on top and a straw going through it all. These too were too pricey and I promised I could make a duplicate for a fraction of the price. They were on board with my attempt and pretty stoked about it.

It wasn't exact but it worked. I cut a small hole in the sturdy paper bowl, wedged it over the fanta spout, added a little tape so kernels would not get in the bottle and then filled it with popcorn and added the straw. They LOVED it.



It was actually quite sturdy, I let them sit on the couch with it.