Fall is my favorite season, bar none!
Living where we do makes it a little hard to actually get the 'feel' of fall. Leaves aren't changing, it will get cool, but not until January.
BUT there is college football.
Except that our keeping up with football really just means looking at the scores on Sunday.
This year, however, David decided we needed to start getting into Premier League soccer again: The world's sport of real 'foot' ball.
And I love me some soccer, but I did weigh in, "you know American Football actually is fun to watch too." He didn't disagree. And our friends clued us in on how you can watch the games a day, a week, or sometimes even a few weeks after the game.
This bothers me because I cannot wait that long to see the outcome, but it is still fun, and exposes our kids to a piece of American culture they haven't participated in before. We watched Florida play East Carolina a week after it happened, I knew Florida had won but it gave the kids a fun intro to the sport.
Without fail there is always a Premier League game to watch within 24 hours of it live, so this we put on first! It has become a little thing we do on Sunday afternoons/evenings. We usually find a Chelsea vs whoever game and watch almost all of it, and then switch to American football. We never watch a whole game of either, but we all really enjoy it, and Tobin immediately starts reenacting the game, while Sophia reenacts the coaches and/or players dramatic reactions to the refs calls, very accurately I might add.
Feeling more like fall already!