Sunday, September 13, 2015

The Prizes: New Bikes

Always trying to look tough. 

And mommy got a new bike too:
 David knew that I struggled with the 100 lessons as much as Tobin and he promised me a reward.
My old bike was 11 years old, and had no existing pedals. It was time for an upgrade. And because our whole family is getting into biking now, I got a bike with gears (like my college days, so I could make it back up the one hill on campus from the hospital where I worked!). And though we now live in a valley, hills are not hard to find. 

Cycling has actually taken off here in our town, and maybe all over China. There are quite a few higher end bike shops. We searched them all and stuck to the low end.

Tobin's new bike makes him look so big to me. And he is FAST.
In this pic his face is grimaced, which is an accurate portrayal of his feelings toward the book he is holding, though that was quite by accident.
 He flies on this bike, and scares me sometimes.

 GOOD JOB little man!
Congratulations on learning to read!